Friday, June 27, 2008

Chicken Pox Party

After much debate, I decided to go ahead with the chicken pox vaccine for my kids. I was not planning to get it because it isn't 100% effective and I didn't want to risk my kids getting chicken pox as an adult.

But when my doctor told me that the vaccine would reduce the severity of a case of the chicken pox, I decided to go ahead with it but with the intention of exposing our kids to the wild strain as well to make sure they had the proper immunities.

I was very excited when one of our friends called yesterday to tell us that her child (whom we had just hung out with) had the chicken pox. We even went over to visit this morning to try for another exposure:) So fingers crossed, my kids will get a mild case of the wild strain and build up their immunities.

Click on the title of my post or on the play button to the right of the post to hear the song all about it (I hope)

No comments: