Monday, May 11, 2009

Arianna is just about Reading

It has been amazing to watch the gears fall into place for Arianna as she has been working on reading.  She has known her letters and all letter sounds for almost 2 years.  She has also been able to write all of the letters for a long time.  She has had troubled blending sounds together.  She would say hhhhh      aaaaaa        ttttttt.  She could hear the sounds if I sounded it out but couldn’t if she did.  One day a couple of weeks ago, it was so exciting when the gears clicked.  She was jumping up and down yelling I can read, I can read!  She has been zooming through her reading lessons ever since that day!  Sometimes she does 2-3 a day.  Her next reward is a scrapbooking trip with Mom (lesson 30).  She is on lesson 24.  I am so proud of my sweet girl!

No comments: