Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our new school room

We moved the school room from the dining room to the former playroom.  Here are a few pics of the new school room…I want to get some children’s chairs..DSC_0274

Ari’s filled workboxes for her first day of school…DSC_0279

Ryan’s filled workboxes for his first day of school…DSC_0280

This is where I organize all of the stuff for the workboxes…I have them organized by type of activity for each child…I have another bookshelf across the room with my curriculum planning books.  Last year, I found that I frequently forgot about activities that I wanted to do.  Now they are easy to find.

DSC_0284 DSC_0281 DSC_0282

This shelf is an old office mailbox center that my Mom bought me from Goodwill.  I use the backside for the pocket chart and the front is pushed next to the table and is used to organize the different types of paper for school.The bins on top are for Ari and Ryan’s finished work. 

DSC_0273

The rest of the room is set up in center’s similar to preschool. 

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Looks so great and organized. Good for you! It looks like it all went very well, and that's great. What do you use for your devotion time?

Daltongang said...

We are using 24 Family Ways Family Devotions by Clay Clarkson. I use the book as a spring board and come up with more hands on ideas since my kids are younger. We use the daily things as our morning devotions and then the overall theme as our family devotions with Dad.