Friday, March 28, 2008

Warning: Small Shopping Carts May Be Dangerous


I thought I was doing something nice by letting the kids have their own shopping cart when we went to pick up a few things from the grocery store. Ari has always wanted to push one of those little "Customer In Training" carts. Since it was a "short" trip I thought we would give it a try. But WARNING these things are dangerous...:)
First Ari runs over the back of my foot then Ryan runs smack into the end of an aisle. They ran into or almost into multiple people. Ryan's flag caught the Wine bottles on an end cap and almost knocked them over. They were like two line defensemen blocking other shoppers from getting by.
We finally made it to self checkout (with no major injuries) and we almost ended up buying ear mite medicine for a cat. We don't even have a cat. Ryan picked it out, put it in his cart at some point and then while I was bagging the strawberries he scanned it. Goes to show that they do learn things when they are at the grocery store. He was upset that we didn't buy the little qtips for ear mites but I couldn't justify the $6.99:) While I am checking out, they both lost their carts because they were fighting over whose was whose (they were exactly the same).
Take my advice and wait until they are older to try this one:)
Who needs to be adventerous? Every second is an adventure with a 2 and 4 year old!!



No comments: