Monday, July 7, 2008

My Hero


My Grandaddy died today. He was an amazing man. Almost all of my favorite childhood memories involve him. He was always my safe place when I was a child. My parents divorced when I was young but my Grandaddy was safety among the chaos. Some of my favorite memories with him are in his truck on the seat next to him with my arm around him listening to Elvira. We would go fishing in the john boat often. He tied me to the seat so I wouldn't fall in. When I lived in Florida with my Mom, he drove down from NC to pick me up so that he could see me. He taught me about the love of a father and closely influenced my view of a loving and caring God. He was a kind and gentle man! I miss him so much already and regret that I won't be able to see his loving smile and that I only have memories of him to share with my kids. I wish that they could have gone fishing with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for this loss and will be praying for you and your family! Treasure those memories!