Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nature Study

We are trying to implement more of Charlotte Mason's ideas. We have always gone on lots of nature walks and love to explore nature. Today I tried a new activity where Arianna found something and journal/drew a picture of it. She found a shell,closely observed it and then drew a picture of it. We also had a great time playing with friends, finding cool insects, wading in the lake and catching tadpoles to try to raise. I hope to read A Charlotte Mason Companion if I ever get through with Educating the Whole Hearted Child. I went to a Charlotte Mason discussion group on Tuesday which was interesting. I enjoy listening to the thoughts and ideas of others! I don't think I will do Charlotte Mason's Curriculum completely but I am certainly intrigued by many of her ideas! Usually when I complete a questionnaire on our homeschooling ideals and family's values, the results point us to Charlotte Mason and unit studies. I also love Educating the Wholehearted Child by Sally Clarkson (see previous post) Sally Clarkson often recommends Charlotte Mason in her book. Anywho...enjoy pictures of our time at the park...

1 comment:

Heather Mattern said...

Nature Study is a favorite with my kids! Looks like the all had a great time! I think that you are really going to enjoy The Charlotte Mason Companion.. its such a wonderful book, let me know what you think!