Just the ramblings of my adventures working on the masterpieces that God has given me.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thinking Outside the Box Meme
This week's Thinking Outside of the Box meme for those of you that use worboxes is filling out a little questionare so here it is below. You too can participate by visiting Work of Childhood Blog
* How many boxes do you fill? 24 total for two kids.
* Do you expect your children to go in order? no...in general they do because they tend to be children of order (wouldn't know that by looking at my house). I have 3 bins that says "Need +2". These bins need to have 2 "tickets". Tickets are the numbers from other bins.
* Do you use the schedule strips? no. I honestly have not purchased the book. We are very relaxed and didn't want the "school" feel of the schedule strips.
* How long does it take you to fill the boxes? about 20 minutes. Shorter if I have all of the ideas ready
* Do you fill your work boxes EACH night with all new items? yes unless there was something not finished from the day before. My 5 year old finishes all of her boxes but my 3 year old usually does not.
* Do you have some boxes repeat each day so there is less filling/refilling? not every day but every couple of days I will put a similar thing in the box to reiterate the activity especially for my 3 year old
* What do your kids do with the empty boxes? put them in a cardboard box next to their shelf.
* Do you put away the ‘supplies’ each night? or do your kids? I put them away at this point
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” - Fred Rogers
Live in a way that the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt
Who am I? That is a difficult question to answer! I am a wife to a loving man! I am a Mom of 2 wonderful children of which I homeschool. I love to scrapbook and take pictures mainly of the kids. I have five dachshund that are as close to kids as they get.