Friday, May 22, 2009

Thinking Outside the Box Meme

Thinking Outside the Box
This week's Thinking Outside of the Box meme for those of you that use worboxes is filling out a little questionare so here it is below. You too can participate by visiting Work of Childhood Blog

* How many boxes do you fill?
24 total for two kids.

* Do you expect your children to go in order?
no...in general they do because they tend to be children of order (wouldn't know that by looking at my house). I have 3 bins that says "Need +2". These bins need to have 2 "tickets". Tickets are the numbers from other bins.

* Do you use the schedule strips?
no. I honestly have not purchased the book. We are very relaxed and didn't want the "school" feel of the schedule strips.

* How long does it take you to fill the boxes?
about 20 minutes. Shorter if I have all of the ideas ready

* Do you fill your work boxes EACH night with all new items?
yes unless there was something not finished from the day before. My 5 year old finishes all of her boxes but my 3 year old usually does not.

* Do you have some boxes repeat each day so there is less filling/refilling?
not every day but every couple of days I will put a similar thing in the box to reiterate the activity especially for my 3 year old

* What do your kids do with the empty boxes?
put them in a cardboard box next to their shelf.

* Do you put away the ‘supplies’ each night? or do your kids?
I put them away at this point

1 comment:

Heather Mattern said...

I need some ideas... I am wanting to use the "concept" of the workboxes BUT dont have the space for three of them with the hopes of adding two more kids to the family totaling five... any alternative creative ideas?