Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Refreshing


I spent time today with someone that refreshed my heart. I actually met her briefly at our neighborhood pool at the beginning of the summer. Her husband and my husband went to school together and we just happened to run into each other at our neighborhood pool...they actually do not live in our neighborhood:) Anyway at the time she was pregnant and had two kids that are within four months of the age of each of my kids. It took a while to hang out since she was due soon. She is homeschooling her children.

We finally got to hang out today. We planned to talk some about a potential co-op for the fall. Today was one of those times where the time seemed to fly. It was time for her to leave and it felt like she had just gotten here. We never did get a chance to really talk about a co-op as we were discussing so many other things. It was encouraging to feel so understood and supported! Rarely do you find someone whom you just met and it feels like you have known each other forever.

I look forward to getting to know my new friend better. It is always amazing how God brings the exact people we need at the exact time in our lives when we need them.

No comments: