Sunday, September 7, 2008

Valuing Diversity

Today, Arianna went to her first practice for children's chorus at church. When we got home from church, I was looking for the song that they are going to be singing in 2 weeks.

I finally found a video on youtube of a group of children in Africa singing the song. Arianna asked "Is that my class?" The thing I love is that she can look at a group of african children and wonder if that is her class at church. Chris and I chuckled at the fact that this group of children could remind our daughter of her class. Our church is very diverse and there are many different cultures. That is one of things I like about our church...many different types of people worshipping God together. I like that our children get to be around others that are not exactly like them and that is a normal part of life for them.
Arianna loved chorus practice and cannot wait to get up on stage to sing. She has been practicing the song. She loves to sing and I can't wait to see her on stage!

No comments: