Saturday, November 1, 2008

Morning Devotionals

We have begun a new tradition in our house. The kids are having a daily morning devotional with me. We sing songs together about God. Then we have a short lesson and a memory verse. I created a devo basket that has books about God, Bible coloring books, Bible puzzles and journals in it. After our short lesson, they can choose something out of the basket to do. While I have my quiet time the kids have their own quiet time. Then we pray together afterwards. I have really enjoyed the fruits of this new tradition. The kids love to learn new things about God and His Bible. Arianna's prayers have already grown. It is amazing how their little minds can memorize scripture. This has also helped the kids to really be thinking about doing what is right and being nice to each other throughout the day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: