Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Simple Life

One of our family’s traditions is to spend July 4th with the Mishue Family (My Mom and crew). We usually go to the beach but this year we went to a cabin in West Virginia that belongs to Jeremy’s (my Brother in Law) Family. The cabin was beautiful and if not for the long trip there, I would love to go back. Lately the kids and I have been reading Little House in the Big Woods and discussing pioneer life. The kids were very excited to go and catch a glimpse of what life might have been like for Laura. The cabin did not have running water. It had 2 rooms (1 with beds the other living area). It also had an outhouse. We cooked meals in a large cast iron pot. It is amazing how many of life’s luxuries we take for granted!! It really inspired me to live life more simply! (yes I realize the irony that I am blogging about simplicity…the computer seems to me to really have affected living a simple life).

Unfortunately at this point my camera battery died and I didn’t bring my charger. I took pics with my Mom’s camera but I do not have those. We also enjoyed roasting Marshmellows!

According to Arianna, her favorite part of the trip was “I really don’t have a favorite part, I like all of it. She liked going in the lake and napping.”

According to Ryan, his favorite part of the trip was “being with Daddy, Papa and Graceson (all the boys) there”.

No comments: