Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Paper Addict

Okay so the first step is admitting an addiction.

I am a paper addict. I love to write things down. I love to have a paper planner. I enjoy writing down things in the paper calendar. I love new journals. I get excited to start a new quiet time journal.

I am trying hard to overcome this paper addiction. My husband has been wanting me to move to a PDA for so long and I just couldn't get into it.

Over a week ago, I made the commitment to try out this computer calendar stuff. I have now been paper calendar free for one and a half weeks. I even have a google calendar that syncs with my outlook that syncs with my handheld. I admit that it is much easier to keep up with my calendar on the computer because it is easy to do reocurring events and to delete things but I don't feel the same when I type it then when I wrote it down on my paper calendar.

I intend to keep trying to use outlook and my PDA until the end of September.

The problem is that I found this really really cool paper planner that I ordered before deciding to try to quit using paper. I received it yesterday in the mail and I am dying to write in it:)

Here's to 10 days paper planner free.

3 comments:

Karen said...

If it makes you feel any better, I use my paper, outlook and phone! this is a cool paper planner that some of my friends have. http://www.momagenda.com/

DWR said...

You know the best way to fight temptation is to take all of it out of the house so it's not easily accessible. So why don't you bring the planner to my house to make sure you don't give in to temptation?

Dalton Gang said...

LOL!
I keep looking at that really cool calendar but I am committed to the end of September to try to encourage Chris:)Who knows, maybe I will become a techie and carry around a pda (not a pad but a pda)ha ha