Monday, February 1, 2010

Homeschooling Rocks

One of the many things I love about homeschooling…spontaneous field trips.  It was a cold January mostly except for 2 beautiful warm high 60s days.  On the first of those days, my friend asked that morning if we wanted to go to the zoo since it was such a nice day.  So we packed a lunch and headed to the zoo which is about 1.5 hours away.  The kids were so excited!  They had a blast with their friends.  They ended up spending most of their time enjoying being together in the warm weather.  We were all tired of being cooped up inside for so long. 

 DSC_0471 DSC_0473

a couple attempts at group picturesDSC_0474

Mommy is that real…he isn’t moving.  This is Arianna’s favorite animal…an alligator.  We were amazed at how completely still it was.  We eventually saw one of them blink.   DSC_0476

Ryan was talking to the turtle that was greeting him at the glass.

DSC_0482

Ari was so proud that she climbed up this rock.  She had trouble at first but persevered. 

DSC_0485

She taught Ryan how to do it.  Boy I have 2 dare devils.  Don’t you usually only get one???

DSC_0492

DSC_0494 DSC_0497

We watched the sea lions being fed.

DSC_0500 DSC_0501

We spent a long time on the playground.  Below Ryan was calling “Mommy I’m Stuck”  of course I had to snap a picture.  It went something like “Hold on just a minute and let me get a picture.  Then I will help you down”.  DSC_0526

DSC_0527

The next day we spent most of the day at the park with friends.  Then the cold weather returned and we are back to only short stints outside before we get too cold. 

2 comments:

Joelle said...

That looks like so much fun! Our kids would really getting along about the lego thing. I guess I better get a plan going for them to save money to get more.

Daltongang said...

Legos are so expensive! It is cool to me how it is something my girl and boy can agree on for toys.